Salary: $130,000 NZD
Hours: Flexible, full-time or part-time
Benefits: 6 weeks holidays + 4 weeks sick/carer's leave + study days + more
Team size: 2 product designers + head of product
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer or Product Manager with a talent for design to help improve the work-life of thousands of people whose time and talent are cared for within our core product Runn.
We are a small, fast-growing, venture-backed start-up with customers across the globe. We have the ambition and talent to expand and grow into another New Zealand success story.
Our core product gets teams around the world on the same page with their project goals and ensures people are working on the right things at the right time, and no one is overworked. Or to put it simply, Runn organises projects and manages people's time better than anything else out there.
If you care about people, want to ensure they have the best experience, believe values are important and should be expressed through products then you are the type of person we are looking for.
Runn's product team is "full-stack", that means each person owns a feature from problem/idea to delivery. There is no handover, it's yours from start to finish.
On a single feature you'll undertake:
- Product Discovery - liaison with all areas of the business and customers helping to deliver a product roadmap.
- Customer Research - define and validate problems, document requirements and understand return on investment, working along side stakeholders.
- Scoping & Solutions - document scope and solutions in collaboration with developers and stakeholders.
- Wireframe & Design - design wireframes, UX and high fidelity designs keeping in mind overall user experience in close collaboration with development.
- Quality Assurance - review features before release to ensure requirements are met and the solution is beautiful, easy to use and something to be proud of.
- Support & Success - development of onboarding experience for the feature, support documentation and analytics to measure success.
We will provide training, support and time to develop the skills required to be able to undertake this entire process, we don't expect anyone to have done all these areas before, just experience in some areas and a desire to learn and try a new way of delivering amazing products.
The perfect candidate
You've worked in a product role at a growing company and helped build their product and process. You've previously worked in design, or have a passion for it.
You are keen to get involved early in a high-growth company and want your input to be valued and your work to strongly change and influence the product, customers, and business.
- Work directly with our customers to understand their needs and requirements, and present that at our roadmap meetings as a customer advocate.
- Interview customers about specific problems and understand their needs, insights, and frustrations.
- Create well-defined, scoped, and detailed solutions in partnership with all stakeholders and the development team, including must-haves, should-haves, and nice-to-haves.
- Design prototype solutions that meet the defined scope, and incorporate feedback from developers, the customer success team, and founders.
- Create designs and fully scoped solutions ready for development.
- Undertake acceptance testing of the feature before release, including sharing the final version of the product with customers.
- Understand the success and failures of the solution for our customers, and iterate on the design as required.
- Work alongside our existing full-stack product designer to share the workload, prioritise work, and improve processes.
- Work with the Customer Success team to define usage metrics for new features to measure success and activation.
- Work with Sales and Marketing, Customer Success, and Development teams to plan and carry out feature launches and to onboard customers on new features.
- Worked in an agile environment, quickly responding and adapting to change.
- Strong empathy towards customers and willing to be a strong customer advocate.
- Ready to step into a full-stack product role, ready to learn the skills required.
- Experience with gathering requirements and customer feedback, and developing briefs and solutions.
- Experience with, or a passion to learn design skills and tools.
- Strong team collaboration working with many other talented people across the organisation to deliver objectives.
- Understanding of business needs and requirements, including revenue generation and customer growth.
- Flexibility between great feature design and fast development, knowing when to be quick and when to take time.
- Don't worry if you don't meet all the requirements, if this sounds like a role you would love then apply anyway!
- Must be able to legally work in New Zealand (required).
- Runn is building a company based on values: honesty, integrity, talent, beauty, collaboration and diversity.
- We have open and transparent salaries for all our staff. This is a senior role with a salary of $130,000 NZD per year.
- Strong benefits package, including 6 weeks paid leave, 4 weeks sick leave, access to extended unpaid leave, learning and development time each month, and more.
- Fully remote team with high flexibility in hours and location (including international) and fully paid for home office setup.
- Regular in-person catch ups and events.
- Advance your skills, learn new techniques, and be surrounded by a talented and supportive team.
- Thrive as you help us build a high-growth company to improve the work lives of thousands of people.
- Stress free work environment, no burn out, no overtime.
- View more about Runn on our careers page.
We keep things simple and value your time just as much as our own. There are no hoops to jump through, just send an email to email@example.com telling us about yourself with a link to your resume and we'll take it from there.
We can get a lot of applicants for our roles, so take the time to look into Runn as a product and share why you think you'd be great for the role and how your experience relates.